Public Safety, Pre-K, and Potholes
A vote FOR the Referendum is a vote FOR safer children and safer streets
When we began this journey, we realized very quickly there would be proceeds generated by this initiative above and beyond what would be needed to restore benefits to first responders. As a result, we reached out to the community and asked countless individuals and local groups for guidance. Time and time again, we were told by citizens that they would like to see every penny accounted for rather than just handing the city a blank check. The most popular issues on people’s minds were Pot Holes and Pre-K. It didn’t take us long to realize that both of these issues are important components of PUBLIC SAFETY.
The most successful form of law enforcement is to prevent crime before it happens. Studies show the best way to prevent crime is through early childhood education. An investment in Pre-K now will pay large public safety dividends in the future. For far too long, Pre-K has been considered simply as an arbitrary preparation for kindergarten. But the information gathered about children who attend pre-k versus those who don’t tells a different more compelling story. Pre-k programs positively impact the individual participants throughout their lives, but society as a whole also reaps great benefits. Here are just a few of them.
Click here for more information.
- Children who participate in pre-k are 2xs less likely to be arrested.
- Children, who attend pre-k, are almost 3xs more likely to attend college.
- Children who attend quality pre-k programs are more likely to graduate from high school, be employed, and earn higher wages
- Children who attend quality pre-k programs are less likely to become dependent on welfare, become teenage parents, or be involved with law enforcement
- Pre-k programs provide cost savings to taxpayers and local/state/federal governments by reducing the need for remedial and special education, welfare services and criminal justice services
Join Our Mailing List
Stay up to date with what's going on with the campaign. We appreciate your support!